Sunday, October 28, 2007
The One
So you want a relationship. Like all of us separated from paradise with our maker by our sin there is this companionship void. It is strange that even after you "get saved" or "have a relationship with Jesus Christ" you still are wrought with this overwhelming loneliness that you are certain can be completely rectified by "the one". Which one? You know which one. The "one" you spend all of elementary school chasing around the playground. The "one" you spent all of middle school pranking and giggling about at sleepovers. The "one" you spent all of highschool doodling about and covertly staring at. The "one" at college that made studying an impossibility and allnight "deep" conversation on the couch everyone's fantasy. After college, I'm not sure what you do with "the one", because I didn't make it past college before declaring I would marry "the one", however, I do know this: "The ONE" will not take away your loneliness, will not make you feel complete, will not solve all your problems or be your everything. The truth is your one died a long time ago and has loved you through eternity. If now, married, single, looking, not looking, busy, not busy, driven, running, hiding, dating, engaged, committed or whatever, He is not enough...you have not hope. He is everything. For in him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form and in Him you have been made complete... (Colossians 2:9&10). If there is an ache in your heart and a longing to be loved, know Christ. Know Him intimately, deeply and truly. He must reveal Himself to you and He has! Open up your Bible and read the words He wrote. Give Him your heart and trust every moment that He can and will fill it with more that you could even imagine to desire. If you're "saved" and He is not enough, then your heart is not truly His and your life is still mired here on this earth in the bog of your sin and selfishness. It is not possible for God not to be enough. I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no good besides You." (Psalm 16:2)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment